Teaching of English Language (Spoken & written)
A Short Term Course in Spoken English
Training Students for facing Interviews and taking part in Group Discussion
Teaching English Literature through class XII books: Flamingo, Vistas & The Invisible Man
Teaching Basics of English Grammar & Correcting Common Errors to those who aspire for appearing in Banking/HTET/SSC Exams.
We are in
English Language Institutes
Personality Development Classes
My Grammar Guide
Useful for HARYANA TEACHERS' ELIGIBILITY TEST, N.D.A., BANKING & OTHER EXAMS
Multiple Choice Questions on Tenses
1. She ...................... for this post yet.
(a) applies (b) is applying (c) has not applied (d) applied
2. They ....................from Ambala till now?
(a) are arriving (b) will arrive(c) have not arrived (d) arrive
3. Do not disturb me. I ......................... my work.
(a) will do (b) have done (c) am doing (d) have been doing
4. All the students........................... out of their classes now to attend the morning assembly.
(a) were going (b) are going (c) would go (d) have gone
5. My brother often .................. to music when he is driving.
(a) Is listening (b) has listened (c) will listen (d) listens
6. She ............................ law these days.
(a) will do (b) is doing (c) has been doing (d)does
7. The police....................... the place of robbery at once yesterday.
(a) reached (b) has reached (c) reaches (d) had reached
8. Hard work ................to achieve success in life.
(a) needed (b) will need (c) has been needed (d) is needed
9. The students who ...........part in the quiz, may give their names to Mr. Khanna.
(a) have taken (b) had taken (c) took (d) are taking
10. .................by something for the rainy days.
(a)To lay (b) laying (c) lay (d) Having laid
Answers:1-c, 2-c, 3-c, 4-b-d, 5-d, 6-b, 7-a, 8-d,
Sample Questions/Answers for HARYANA TEACHERS' ELIGIBILITY TEST
Part IV: English: Literature
91. To which university the protagonist of the play ‘Dr. Faustus’ written by Christopher Marlowe belonged to?
92. Cambridge b. Oxford c. Shemford
93. My friend is very clever and does every work too fast.
Tell the underlined words are:
a. An adverb and an adjective
b. An adjective and an adverb
c. An adverb and an adverb
d. An adjective and an adjective
94. ‘The child is the father of Man’
This very famous line has been taken from:
B.Wordsworth’s ‘My Heart Leaps Up c.When I Behold A Rainbow In The Sky’
d.Wordsworth’s Lucy Gray
e. Keats’ Endymion
95. Which of the following sentences is incorrect:
a. She is my cousin sister.
b. They have gone abroad.
c. Sheep are grazing in the fields.
d. Who doesn’t love his country?
96. Name the poet of the poem ‘Design’
a. P.B. Shelley b. Robert Frost c. Wordsworth d. W. B. Yeats
97. Which of the statements are correct:
a. ‘The Patriot’ is written by Robert Browning.
b. ‘The Ode to The West Wind’ is written by John Keats.
c. ‘Ode on Immortality’ is written by Milton.
d. ‘The Paradise Lost’ is written by John Donne.
98. The dying soldier said, “Oh, for a glass of water!”
a. The dying soldier said that he did not have glass of water.
b. The dying soldier asked someone if there was a glass of water.
c. The dying soldier told that he had a glass of water.
d. The dying soldier strongly wished for a glass of water.
99. What is the phrase ‘cruel kindness’ called in figure of speech?
a. paradox b. oxymoron c. pun
100. What do we call in figure of speech when we use a word that is the direct opposite of someone or something?
a. paradox b. antithesis c. oxymoron d. epigram
Read this blog in Hindi for your own benefit!
Ignite your inner potential!